Question ASUS OC ROG-STRIX-RX5700-O8G-GAMING 8GB GDDR6 PCI-E Cable/s Connection

Sep 14, 2020
Good afternoon to all,
I am upgrading my desktop awaiting receipt of AMD Ryzen9 3900 3.8 ghz and subject graphics card. The now installed graphics card (soon to be old - ASSUS R9-380) has 2 PCI-E 6 pin connector (PSU-PCI-E) cable having 2X6 plugs and 2 spare/floating 2 pin plugs that aren't connected.
My new graphics card (as in title) has the reqt for 2x8 pin connectors (which I can use on side the originally connected (to old vga) 6 pin connectors.
My PSU manufacturer (Corsair) had bundled 3 sets of these cables with the CPU.
My question is should I use only the one cable (with the two sets of 6 & 2 pins plugs) from the PSU to the two 8 pin sockets or can I use a second PSU-PCI-E cable from the PSU to the second 8 pin PCI- Express connector on the card?
Thanks, & Keep well & Safe
-Nick T. (Athens Greece)

mjbn1977

Honorable
Aug 20, 2015
Read the answers and conversation on my thread. Even so it its about three 8pin connectors it should answer your questions as well:

Reactions: Nick T.
Sep 14, 2020
Read the answers and conversation on my thread. Even so it its about three 8pin connectors it should answer your questions as well:

Many thanks, mjbn1977, for your reply, which answers my question in full and has me "seeing daylight"
Keep well - Stay safe
Thanks once again,
Nick T
Athens Greece

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS