[SOLVED] ASUS OC ROG-STRIX-RX5700-O8G-GAMING 8GB GDDR6 PCI-E Cable/s Connection

Sep 14, 2020
Good afternoon to all,
I am upgrading my desktop awaiting receipt of AMD Ryzen9 3900 3.8 ghz and subject graphics card. The now installed graphics card (soon to be old - ASSUS R9-380) has 2 PCI-E 6 pin connector (PSU-PCI-E) cable having 2X6 plugs and 2 spare/floating 2 pin plugs that aren't connected.
My new graphics card (as in title) has the reqt for 2x8 pin connectors (which I can use on side the originally connected (to old vga) 6 pin connectors.
My PSU manufacturer (Corsair) had bundled 3 sets of these cables with the CPU.
My question is should I use only the one cable (with the two sets of 6 & 2 pins plugs) from the PSU to the two 8 pin sockets or can I use a second PSU-PCI-E cable from the PSU to the second 8 pin PCI- Express connector on the card?
Thanks, & Keep well & Safe
-Nick T. (Athens Greece)

Solution
Read the answers and conversation on my thread. Even so it its about three 8pin connectors it should answer your questions as well:

mjbn1977

Distinguished
Read the answers and conversation on my thread. Even so it its about three 8pin connectors it should answer your questions as well:

Reactions: Nick T.
Solution
Sep 14, 2020

Many thanks, mjbn1977, for your reply, which answers my question in full and has me "seeing daylight"
Keep well - Stay safe
Thanks once again,
Nick T
Athens Greece