Asus or Gigabyte 990FX

cbxbiker61

Distinguished
May 20, 2007

beenthere

Distinguished
Asus mobos get good reviews but are generally not as reliable as Gigabyte mobos in my PC building experience of 20 years. Asus is very slow to issue BIOS updates to repair mobo issues. Asus Tech Support is basically non existent IME. If you have an issue with a new Asus mobo and RMA it, then send you a used mobo... Gigabyte builds very reliable, top performing mobos IME and I've use many of them without a single failure compared to several bad Asus mobos.

I have the Gigabyte 990FX UD5 and its a great board. I think you'll like the UD3. They have a hybrid UEFI BIOS, which I haven't actually powered up the board yet because of my extensive modding I am doing. But just realize their version of UEFI is not what other vendors are using. The UD3 only supports dual graphics cards, but that is more than enough for most of us. The Sabertooth looks like it could support 3 video cards, but I am not certain as it doesn't appear on neweggs description..

So if dual graphics cards are enough for you, I'd go with the UD3 and save $40.

wake4x4ptball

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
thanks guys

i will use 2 video cards for crossfire i wont need three so UD3 should be perfect for me

Gigabyte 990FX UD3
X4 phenom
8GB G SKill Sniper
that what i will get

i have everything else just need to replace/ upgrade new mobo cuz of new cpu and memory

i will upgrade to better video card and hard drive later in few months...