ASUS or MSI RTX 2060

mjbn1977

Distinguished
MSI. I am using the 3rd MSI card after switching over from Gigabyte like 10 years ago. Never had any problems and built is very well. But its personal preference.

Generally speaking, both MSI and ASUS are properly the best custom card manufacturers.

sakiboj

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
I have now msi gtx 970 but I had to rma msi 1080ti gaming x because it had some issue, maybe memory or something. That 1080ti would just block my pc and turn fans to 100% and only solution was hard reset. Now this ASUS dual model is good for me because it have 2xhdmi, 2xdp and 1 dvi-d.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

Never had an issue with Asus cards. Solid!

Dec 28, 2018
I bought Asus ROG Strix RTX2060 OC just about month ago. I did some research before buying just this RTX2060, but ASUS is (in my opinion) best manufactuers so the choice would have been the same even without a little research.

Asus: no complaints. When going to buy a new component I always at least check what Asus has to offer. I just happen to like their products.
MSI: The truth: I don't know. Never had MSI so no experience either.

Searching difference in specs of both Asus dual OC & MSI Gaming Z, MSI seems to have higher boost core clock. Well that is only performance detail I am able to find and I can't see why you couldn't get same clock speed by overclocking Asus.

I noticed that MSI comes along with pretty many softwares and I got confused already which does what.

Usually this kind of questions get fast response by googling it. Only if you are not too lazy to spend some time. Just something to keep in mind: comparing benchmark results/scores doesn't give the whole truth of component.

mjbn1977

Distinguished
anyway. There are many reviews out there for both models. Just read some and then decide. Seriously, you will not notice any difference between the two products. Both are top tier models of the best two manufacturers.....go with whatever is the cheapest. I never had ASUS cards. But what is nice about MSI that they use top notch cooling and fans. That's what I noticed. But again. Its most likely the same with ASUS...

Feb 17, 2019
yeah, i think both are good,samelevel performance,afficiency and price,might MSI is little cheaper.
im interesting witch one is quieter, and i mean under gaming.

i know that MSI is very quiet,and also ASUS with is 'quiet bios' choice',

its hard to choose,but if i must, i go MSI.