Asus P2B & PIII800

G

I have an Asus P2B and I want to upgrade my system with a PIII 800. Does it support this cpu? Thanx to anyone helps me.

G

Hi Ektron. It All Depends on the Revision Number Of Your Board. If You Could Look on the Board It Self Near Where It Says ASUS P2B-B then I could Help you out. I havee a P2B-B Revision 1.01 and It Will Not Support anything above 600mhz PIII with the Katami Core. Is Yours the P2B?? No Dashes or anything?

If You could Provide Me With that Information I will be able to help you out.

Thanks,
Rx39

G

I suppose you have the regular Asus P2B.
It depends on your revision. If you have the 1.02 revision you can only use the Katmai-core to 600 Mhz. If you have a newer revision you can use the cuppermine CPU's.
You can use the coppermine CPU's even on the older MB's by using the product found on www.powerleap.com.
You could also take a chance and plug in the coppermine anyway and set your voltage to the lowest possible: 1,8V.
This voltage is too high off course, but bare in mind that is the same voltage the illusive PIII-1.13 Ghz should have.
With decent cooling it should be possible (haven't tried it myself, so take this info for what it's worth, I personally bought an AMD 1Ghz).

Hope this helps.