ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe Bios windows 8 compatility

The bios version does not matter for which version of windows is compatible. The hardware needs compatible drivers and if the manufacturers don't update the drivers, you are out of luck. You can run windows upgrade adviser to find out if it is compatible but I don't see why anyone would want to put w8 on a pentium 4/celeron. There are no gains.

Fred_90

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
Thank you for your reply and info. Further comparison to my computer shows you are correct. There is no gain to using windows 8 (or 7 either I think).

Fred_90

Azureas

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
It's working with windows 7 but unfortunatly I have the Error code: 0x0000005D for windows 8 because impossible to find (and activate) the NX feature in the BIOS. I just update the BIOS with the last version but I still not see the feature and of course the problem is still present.... If someone has an idea ?

Fred_90

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012

============

Thank you. And wish you all Seasons Greetings.

Fredm

Your cpu is probably so old it doesn't support nx (so won't show up in bios and doesn't support w8). If you know what cpu you have, it would be easy to look up. W8 needing nx slipped my mind. It also needs pae and sse2 but if it has nx then it'll have those too. My comment before still holds true, it doesn't matter about bios version, the hardware needs to be compatible. The upgrade adviser would catch the incompatibility.

Fred_90

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
Thanks. I either must live with my old computer and decide I do not need Windows8, or buy a new computer. Since I am 84, I think I will stick with the old computer until it no longer is accepted by something or all programs I use become obsolete.

Fred_90

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012

TRENDING THREADS