Asus P4C800-E Deluxe

What is the lattest version available for this board?

I have not read many posts regarding the motherboard, so does this mean it
runs well, or the opposite...

Richard

I am not sure the latest rev but this board runs great, I have had mine for
about a month now and love it.

John

"Richard K Rabbat" <richardkr@comcast.net> wrote in message
> What is the lattest version available for this board?
>
> I have not read many posts regarding the motherboard, so does this mean it
> runs well, or the opposite...
>
> Richard

"Richard K Rabbat" <richardkr@comcast.net> wrote:
>What is the lattest version available for this board?
>
>I have not read many posts regarding the motherboard, so does this mean it
>runs well, or the opposite...
>
>Richard

It runs very well. Have one for a year now P3.0. No problems of any kind.
I really stressed it on many occasions. Music,video etc.
Had one crash, but that was my own mistake. The only thing is, it's very
picky when it comes to memory. I finally ended up with Corsair
TwinX CMX512-3200C2Pro and sytem is running at 3.3Mhz with standard
cooling and rocksolid. I can highly recommend this board. Especially,
because you can buy it for a very good price nowadays.

Nickeldome

Nickeldome--what memory timings are you using with that Corsair memory and
would you mind indicating what BIOS settings you are using to successfully
OC from 3.0 to 3.3 GHz?? Mine is rock solid, but will not OC at all!!

MikeSp
"Nickeldome" <test@test.uk> wrote in message news:41cd6b37_2@127.0.0.1...
> "Richard K Rabbat" <richardkr@comcast.net> wrote:
>>What is the lattest version available for this board?
>>
>>I have not read many posts regarding the motherboard, so does this mean it
>>runs well, or the opposite...
>>
>>Richard
>>

> It runs very well. Have one for a year now P3.0. No problems of any kind.
> I really stressed it on many occasions. Music,video etc.
> Had one crash, but that was my own mistake. The only thing is, it's very
> picky when it comes to memory. I finally ended up with Corsair
> TwinX CMX512-3200C2Pro and sytem is running at 3.3Mhz with standard
> cooling and rocksolid. I can highly recommend this board. Especially,
> because you can buy it for a very good price nowadays.
>
> Nickeldome

Hi Mike,

I know how frustrating it can be not be able to get a stable/smooth
running system, so here are the specs of my system. At least the
ones that are relevant to stable overclocking.

To be clear, I have the TwinX1024-3200c2pro set (2x 512mb)
Running bios 1019, memory in the blue slots (1 & 3).

Advanced > Jumperfree :

ai Overclock Manual
cpu Ext. freq. 220
dram freq. 400
agp/pci freq. auto
cpu vcore volt. auto
ddr ref volt. auto
agp vddq volt. 1.50
performance m. auto

Advanced > chipset settings

dram cas# lat. 2.5 (1)
dram ras# lat. 3
dram ras# to cas# lat. 3
dram precharge delay 6
burst lenght 8
performance acc. mod. enabled
dram idle timer auto (2)
dram refresh rate auto (3)
spread spectrum disabled

Notice that cas# latency (1) is not on factury setting of 2, but on 2.5.
In the realworld it doesn't make much difference for spead, and
on the p4c800-e deluxe 2.5 runs much more stable in my experience.
You could fool around with settings (2) and (3) to gain a little more
speed, but probably nothing spectacular will be the result.

At least on these settings my sytem is rock solid.
I have overclocked it beyond 3.4, but then things get a bit
unpredictable and cooling under heavy load starts to become an
issue, because I only use the boxed cooler. And then again, I like
to have a fast system, but rather a stable one that is also fast.
I don't want to invest a lot of money in watercooling and stuff.

Well, hope these settings will help you to run your system at
3.3 Mzh. Let me know what happens.

Ohhhh...last but not least..... you do test your system with
Memtest 86 before booting into windows, I hope ???

http://www.memtest86.com/

Nothing worse than corrupted data due to memory failures.

Nickeldome

"Michael S." <mspurgeon5@comcast.net> wrote:
>Nickeldome--what memory timings are you using with that Corsair memory and
>would you mind indicating what BIOS settings you are using to successfully
>OC from 3.0 to 3.3 GHz?? Mine is rock solid, but will not OC at all!!
>
>MikeSp
>"Nickeldome" <test@test.uk> wrote in message news:41cd6b37_2@127.0.0.1...
>> "Richard K Rabbat" <richardkr@comcast.net> wrote:
>>>What is the lattest version available for this board?
>>>
>>>I have not read many posts regarding the motherboard, so does this mean it
>>>runs well, or the opposite...
>>>
>>>Richard
>>>

>> It runs very well. Have one for a year now P3.0. No problems of any kind.
>> I really stressed it on many occasions. Music,video etc.
>> Had one crash, but that was my own mistake. The only thing is, it's very
>> picky when it comes to memory. I finally ended up with Corsair
>> TwinX CMX512-3200C2Pro and sytem is running at 3.3Mhz with standard
>> cooling and rocksolid. I can highly recommend this board. Especially,
>> because you can buy it for a very good price nowadays.
>>
>> Nickeldome

Rock Solid here ... running a 3.0 OC'ed at 3.6.