ASUS P4S8X problem with newest AGP drivers.

Magnus

I can't install the newest AGP drivers v1.17, because it says somethings
about plugandplaydrivererror and then crashes. When I install the drivers
directly from the controlpanel the AGP only will run in 4X speed and no
Fastwrite. What is the problem, AGP 8X and Fastwrite works with the oldest
drivers v1.11

homer

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Did you remove the old ones before installing the new ones? Why upgrade the
drivers if the old ones worked

Homer

"Magnus" <magnus.sjolund@telia.com> wrote in message
> I can't install the newest AGP drivers v1.17, because it says somethings
> about plugandplaydrivererror and then crashes. When I install the drivers
> directly from the controlpanel the AGP only will run in 4X speed and no
> Fastwrite. What is the problem, AGP 8X and Fastwrite works with the oldest
> drivers v1.11

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Yep had the same problem some time ago with I think 1.15 drivers. I went
back to 1.13 I think. Not on/at the P4S8X machine.. Although most things I
read say that running 8X does nothing to run games etc. faster..

And yea why upgrade if the upgrade doesn't fix a problem that your having..

jb..