pazarac01

Prominent
Jul 9, 2019
Hello, Im new to this forum and website , but I did find alot of "cures" for my PC problems here . Now , the thing is that several weeks ago , I bought this very cheap mobo which name and model can be seen from the title of thread . Overall , Im very satisfied with the mobo itself and Im currently using Core 2 Duo E8400 at stock clock with Geforce GT 330 gpu. But , I want to upgrade it. I already have plenty of RAM ( 4GB btw ) , but I really want to buy better cpu ( gpu is currently not on my plans) . Now , this mobo does support every C2D,C2Q ,Pentium and Celeron CPUs for 775 socket . I found about these LGA771 CPUs which are way more cheaper then Q9550 and Q9650 , well at least here where I live . Btw they are sold already modified , so the only thing to do is to check if your mobo supports it or/and to find custom BIOS . Before you ask , yes I already checked every part of Internet :) to find any information about Xeon CPUS for my mobo or to find any custom BIOS . The guy which sold me this Mobo said that it supports some Xeon processors but he didnt wanted to test that . The only thing which I found is that very simillar ASUS P5G41- M LX mobo does support modified xeon processors . So , in conclusion , I wanted to ask if my mobo would support modified Xeon CPUs , because I want to buy it so badly . Please help me :(

P.S Im the type of guy which doesnt want to invest too much money for PC because Im on budget and btw sorry if my English is bad because my native language is not English :)

Solution
Hi, I had a modified 771 chip too in the past and I did all the research, I had to manually chip away some of the CPU plastic bracket on the mobo in order for it to fit (so be ready for this),

But as for compatibility im afraid its a case of having to buy it and see, you could always sell it on if it doesn't,

Ash3000k

Reputable
Jul 7, 2015
Hi, I had a modified 771 chip too in the past and I did all the research, I had to manually chip away some of the CPU plastic bracket on the mobo in order for it to fit (so be ready for this),

But as for compatibility im afraid its a case of having to buy it and see, you could always sell it on if it doesn't,

Solution

pazarac01

Prominent
Jul 9, 2019

First of all , I didnt expected fast reply :) Other than that , as you stated , I will play game of risk and hope that it will work , if not Im probably going to buy Q9650 but Im still gonna wait some time for answers.