Asus P5K-VM Bios Overclocking error, continue reboot

dmhoot

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Building a HTPC to connect to my Sony 52" LCD tv and running into a boot issue when I try to connect the DVI output of my xfx geforce 8600GT to HDMI to my TV. I can boot into windows XP just fine when I use the S-Video out on the graphics card. But as soon and I hook up my DVI-HDMI Adapter to HDMI cable to the TV, I get the M/B's post messages and sometimes I get a "Overclocking Failed, Press F1 to enter setup or F2 to load defaults". Other times I get past the post, then the system reboot's. Don't see any of the windows xp loading screen. Thought at 1st my power supply may be an issue. (coolmaster 450w). I put in a 500W from another system and got the same "Overclocking error's and reboot's". I'm running 2 1gb ddr2 memory sticks. I Removed one, swapped into different slot's, same error's. Tried the other memory stick, same issue. I did get the overclocking error a few times when I'm connected to the s video out on the graphics card as well. What Idea's do have? It seems to me to the either the M/B and/or the Video card giving me the issues. Any suggestions that I may have missed?

dmhoot

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Forgot to add Computer spec's
Core 2 Duo
2 GB DDR2 800MHZ (pqi)
XFX Geforce 8600gt
Seagate Baracudda SATA 250GB
Hauppauge 1600 Capture Card
Coolmaster 450w PSU