ASUS P5LD2/C rev.2

Simealdo

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Hi!

I run through differents forums and I noticed that some people faced a MB temperature issue. I built a system on a P5LD2/C mobo and Pentium D 915 CPU. I run ASUS Probe 2, which reports the following temperatures:

CPU : 35°C (which I think is pretty good)
MB: 45°C

I was wondering whether it is usual that the MB temperature is 10° higher than the CPU one (which I would suppose to be the highest). The 45° value then triggers the ASUS Probe warning, is this something to be worried about?

Please considering that, as to cooling arrangements, I am using a case Antec Sonata II with the bundled PS Antec Smartpower 450 W (which has 2 own fans). The case has a pre-installed 120 mm rear fan. Then, of course, the fans on the CPU heatsink and the one on the GPU. In addition to the above, I am also using the Sonata heat duct, which is supposed to let in fresh air from the outside.

To cut a long history short: is that okay or should I improve cooling arrangements or anything else?

I thank in advance whoever responds to this post!

Simealdo

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Thanks for the suggestion!
I think I will do that. I am also thinking that the huge air duct present in the case to a certain extent hinders the airflow circulation within the case. Perhaps it would be wise to remove it. On the other hand, I think that the CPU somehow benefits from that.
Do you have any view on that?