ASUS P5n-e SLI freezing on ceton infinitv 4 driver install

brutus323

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
I recently tried to update my old gaming computer (Velocity Micro Promagix A10) to 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium to work with the Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe cable tuner card for a home theater set up. The PC had 32-bit Vista so I reformatted the hard drive and did a clean install of Windows 7. Once 7 was installed, I let Windows update do its thing. Then I tried running the Ceton InfiniTV installer, and the PC freezes up during the driver installation (immediately after I click allow on the "do you want to allow ceton to install the device driver" pop up). The freeze is not a blue screen, but all animation stops, the mouse freezes, and the keyboard doesn't work.

I did the same steps on my new gaming PC and install went fine and the card works. I have tried the card in both the PCIe 1x and spare PCIe16x slots in the P5N-e SLI with identical results. I have tried installing the driver manually through device manager (known good file copied from new PC) and the same freeze happened when trying to install.

My speculation is that I'm missing some critical ASUS chipset drivers or something. Going to their website, I found updated BIOS for 64 bit Windows 7, an audio driver, and some sata/raid stuff. Updating to the new BIOS did not fix my problem. Are there other drivers out there that are critical that I missed? The drivers disc that I got with the computer (from Velocity Micro) is all for 32 bit vista.

specs: http://
I also swapped the dvd-rw for a blu-ray and added a sata 1TB storage drive. No issues there.

Please help! This is my first attempt at tinkering and I'm hoping I missed something simple.
Thanks for your time.

brutus323

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
Thank you both for the links and quick replies.

I am still not having any luck. The ceton beta drivers appear identical (filename, version) to the latest stable Windows 7 SP 1 on Ceton's site. I tried them anyway, same response. I also installed the chipset drivers linked. They appear to be ethernet and raid drivers. Got them both installed, Ceton drivers still hang at the same point.
Do you have any other ideas or recommendations?
Thanks again.

brutus323

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
I have been back and forth with Ceton support. They told me that there are known compatibility issues between InfiniTV 4 and the older nForce chipsets. Thank you both for helping, but it appears I've got to give up and buy something new and shiny.