asus p5p43td pro compatibility with 1600mhz ram

akiskam

Reputable
Jun 26, 2014
please help me cause i dont know what to do exactly,i tried some things but the pc didnt start when i put the new memories.The old one memories are corsair 2x2gb 1333mhz 9-9-9-24
and the new ones 2x8gb 1600mhz 10-10-10-27.
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P5P43TD_PRO/HelpDesk_M... this is the manual of my motherboard that sais that is compatible with 1600 ram when overclocking. Unfortunaly i saw later the manual that sais that : ths motherboard supports up to 16gb and you may instal a maximum of 4gb DIMMs on each slot.
please tell me if that rams are compatible with my motherboard.Should i return the previous and buy them? Corsair Vengeance LP
the memories are compatible with intel core 2 quad i have?
what about overclocking?will i have problems if i run x.m.p. from bios?

Solution
Dude.. if the manual says it won't support more than 4GB modules, there isn't anything we can do. It won't support more then 4GB modules. Even worse, when I read it right, you can't have more than 8GB total if you want to overclock. One DIMM in each channel.

Memory overclocking yields very little results.

See if you can still return the new memory you ordered and get DDR3 1333 non-ECC, un-buffered memory - as a kit with no more that 4GB per module. - so either 8 or 16GB. I'd suggest you can't really use much more than 8 with that setup anyway.

Oh and here is a good link to the specifications
Dude.. if the manual says it won't support more than 4GB modules, there isn't anything we can do. It won't support more then 4GB modules. Even worse, when I read it right, you can't have more than 8GB total if you want to overclock. One DIMM in each channel.

Memory overclocking yields very little results.

See if you can still return the new memory you ordered and get DDR3 1333 non-ECC, un-buffered memory - as a kit with no more that 4GB per module. - so either 8 or 16GB. I'd suggest you can't really use much more than 8 with that setup anyway.

Oh and here is a good link to the specifications

Solution

akiskam

Reputable
Jun 26, 2014

I'm stunned. That's 150 Euros (best price in the US is $161) - why would you throw that much money at that old of a system? You won't get much of a performance boost using > 8GB of memory to start with. The Corsair Memory finder tool doesn't list your motherboard - I wonder if it was a non-US model only?.

But hey, it's your money. Knock yourself out.

It looks compatible, but there are no real guarantees.

akiskam

Reputable
Jun 26, 2014
man i am trying with the new memories and nothing,black screen again...could you help me with the bios settings in order to recognize the new memories?maybe needs to do overclocking in memories.