Asus P5Q-VM + Q9650

Jakub_3

Reputable
Jan 21, 2016
Hey there guys. I have this mentioned combo and I'm getting BSODs sometimes. All other components are good, I've tested them. Asus tells that Q9650 is supported from BIOS rev 0402 but last BIOS I can download for this board is 2101. Question is. Does it need to update?

Solution

Possible, not not likely. If the RAM tested good, I would suspect another piece of hardware might be bad. Have you checked for software conflicts? Run CCLeaner and do the Clean and Registry portions both. See if it finds much crap. https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
And disable as much as you can that starts with Win.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
2101 would be a much later BIOS than 0402, so that shouldn't be an issue. You sure it isn't a faulty stick of RAM? Weak or failing PSU with low voltage at times? An old board like that could also have a failing component like a capacitor.

Jakub_3

Reputable
Jan 21, 2016
I'm sure that PSU is good, I haven't tried memtest yet or windows test. And about that failing component I'm not sure. I will try some stresstests to push rig to it's knees and see if it will show some crash or failure. Updating soon.

Jakub_3

Reputable
Jan 21, 2016
Update: I tried Windows Memory Test. 3 Times. Every time it fails at 15%. PC freezes, keyboard turns off (just like BSOD). So first guess is that RAM aren't good.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Yeah, that seems to be the culprit. Let us know what memtest reports after at least one full pass on each stick individually.

Jakub_3

Reputable
Jan 21, 2016
Hey there. I've ran Memtest whole night on all sticks. About 6 and half hour. No problems. I will try to do each stick individually later. (Got to go to school :D). Updating later.

Jakub_3

Reputable
Jan 21, 2016
Can It probably be bad install on Windows? Becouse when I was installing my PC froze mid way of installation. It resumed after reset but now I'm considering it might be from this.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Possible, not not likely. If the RAM tested good, I would suspect another piece of hardware might be bad. Have you checked for software conflicts? Run CCLeaner and do the Clean and Registry portions both. See if it finds much crap. https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
And disable as much as you can that starts with Win.

Solution

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

20 GB! Wow. You did have a lot of junk in there. Might want to run it again, just to be sure freeing up that load didn't open up more stuff. Got my fingers crossed for you.

TRENDING THREADS