[SOLVED] asus p6t ram channel B disapeared

apple tech geek

Reputable
Aug 23, 2016
so suddenly channel 2 disapeared after i fully rearranged my entire define r6 case layout and replaced the zip tied on water cooler with the replacement bracket
for some reason ever since channel B is gone. i tested all ram and they all show up normally one by one but the middle channel disapeared.
i checked the logic board. noticed a couple exposed traces near the cooler mounts so i whipped out my soldering iron covered the trace with solder after i noticed 1 had a flakey connection covered them with protective film and reinstalled the cpu and still no channel 2.
if i put 1 in slot a1 and b1 windows detects that the ram is in dual channel mode but only the single stick is detected in the bios and os
i did overclock to hell on this board so i thought perhaps i fried my x5675 memory controller (reached 1.55 volt on the cpu at like 5.2 ghz) but after popping in my w3520 wich is confirmed working i stil have no channel 2
i refrained from overvolting any of dram bus/north bridge stuff beyond recommended. i just yolo'd it for the cpu for 15/20 mins then tossed it back to 1.44 volt 4.6ghz.
anyone know any ideas to why channel 2 would disapear entirely?
during extreme overclocking i put my finger every 5/10 mins on the north bridge heatsink and vrms to check heat and all were well within comfort zone thanks to 7 fans throwing air trough the case
so even with another cpu and the pc at stock channel 2 does not function.
thank you in advance

TRENDING THREADS