Asus P6T SE bios update questions.

Jun 10, 2018
This is my first time trying to do anything and I am worried about bricking it.

For my boss I am going to replace a I7 920 with a Xenon X5690 and I need to flash the bios first.

I have the update on my portable computer, it is 0908.ROM

I understand I have to be careful when using it to flash the bios but don't know the best way.

What is the safest way to flash the bios so I can change the CPU and how do I do this. I am worried that I will not have all the information I need together when doing this and for when I start up the computer after changing the CPU.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated, I don't want to brick the bosses computer.

Thanks

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Use the Asus EZflash within BIOS. Have the BIOS file on a USB flash drive (formatted FAT 32) and follow the directions in this video. Be sure to check if he has any changes in BIOS that will have to be reset after the flash. The flash will reset the BIOS to default settings. Time/date will remain, however.

Jun 10, 2018
It is not showing the content of USB drive F

I pulled the USB drive and put it in my laptop and was able to see the ROM file.

I exited out of the bios update utility.

I was using EZ Flash 2.

I was able to exit out of the EZ Flash 2 successfully. Now to figure out why I could not see the bios update on the USB drive.

Jun 10, 2018

Thanks,

It seems I have another problem. I cannot see the content of my usb drive in EZ Flash. I can see it on my computer however. I was able to back out of EZflash and I can see what it's content on his computer now.

It seems that the only time I can't get the content of the drive is in EZ Flash.

Jun 10, 2018

Thanks, I did manage to get a small USB drive but have another problem.

I am not sure how to identify the file with EZbios.

I have the files on a small usb drive as F:

When I look at F it had a bunch of stuff that does not look anything like P6T-SE-ASUS-0908.ROM

I wonder if I put this on the C drive if I will be able to identify it.

Is this supposed to still be in a folder. I have it without a folder. It is the only thing I see on the usb drive but in EZbios it looks completely wrong.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Let us know what the problem was and how you solved it. That helps other folks that search the forum for answers to their similar problems.
To mark as solved, just choose a best answer. (pick as solution)