Question ASUS P6T SE stopped to POST

Mar 21, 2022
No clue what can happen but after adding SSD motherboard is not able to POST.

So far what I have done it was disconnect all devices, left only CPU, mem and gfx card and did CMOS reset but did not help much.

PC will start then after 5sec will shut down and then restart on its own and will stay on but no POST no video signal. I have checked that motherboard with different gfx card as well CPU.

Any thoughts?

Mar 21, 2022
Did you try another PSU?
Yeah that too.

It looks like some kind of a short on mosfet or problem with a capacitor as it will try to restart at some point.

Also I think you will get the same outcome when CPU power is not connected so it sounds like north bridge or mosfets/capacitors there.

Mar 21, 2022
So I have got POST tester card from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008BZBKXC) and I'm not able to get any error on that card at all. All LEDs for power indicators are on so the motherboard is getting valid power. After that I have decided to remove BIOS chip to see what it will bring to the play and it looks exactly the same problem as with the BIOS.

So my question is can be that BIOS somehow got erased from the chip? As far I know it had up to data BIOS loaded so no need to update.