ASUS P6TD Deluxe Xeon support

bamchicken2

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Hey all.

I recently picked up one of these boards on the cheap, i've tested it with my i7 920 from my main rig, and it works fine. I've looked into getting another i7 920 for this board for a SLI build, and was going to until i found that you can buy 1366 Xeon's for a fair amount less, while getting marginally better performance, so it is a no brainer to get the Xeon. (i7 is £30, Xeon is £7.50) Now, all i want to know is if the P6TD Deluxe supports the Xeon, don't really want to spend (albeit a very small amount) on a Xeon which doesn't wok in my board. I know that the x58 chipset is virtually dead, alhough it will be nice as a secondary PC or one to sell on.

Solution
I'd assume the W3520 would work, based on the fact that an X5650 does work on that board, but I can't tell you definitively unfortunately :(

bamchicken2

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
I'm sorry for making this thread alive again, but i thought i would give an update on this situation. I can confirm that the Xeon W3520 Works on this board, very well in fact. I currently have it paired with 12GB ECC :)0) RAM, and a GTX 460. It is really solid overall, and seeing as though this ECC RAM was spare, and the 460 cost me nothing, this PC is pretty damn good for the price. Overall, it cost me £45 for the motherboard, £2.20 For the Xeon, and nothing For the 460, RAM and all other parts in this build. The case is a custom test bench that i built from an old case. So, this has cost me a grand total of £47.20. ($71.36 at the time of writing this post) Not too bad!

Nov 21, 2017

How did you get the xeon to work? I'm having problems getting mine to work and it wont even POST!!