Question ASUS P8B75-M: cant go up 16 GB RAM :-(

Sep 25, 2020
Hi all: I´ve just upgrade my PC to 32 GBof RAM... or thats what I think. As Image attached, tried many combination on bios, CPU-Z is setting bios to default config. All RAM dims are same brand and type. What I´m doing wrong? Bios only shows 16 GB instaled, on SPD Bios section I can see all RAM slots as same as CPU-Z.

GuXVBE2.png

Regards

andyanderson

Commendable
Jul 1, 2020
[Motherboard/ Server Motherboards] Memory isn't detected

1. Check model# of the memory
  2. Check if all memory are supported - Only R-DIMM and LR-DIMM
  3. Check if the memory meets frequency requirements on the Server/ Motherboard memory specifications page:
    1. Example: Z11PA-U12/10G-2S - Memory Type :
      Single Channel DDR4 2933/2666/2400 R-DIMM and LR-DIMM
    2. Memory must be 2933Mhz or 2666Mhz or 2400Mhz to detect and work properly
  4. Check memory QVL for memory model. If memory not in the QVL and not detect, please try memory in the QVL list.
  5. Please clear CMOS first and check if memory is detected
  6. If Clear CMOS doesn't work, please try to update BIOS.
    1. After updating BIOS, put one memory on A1 slot only and test if memory is detected. Add second memory to B1 slot; please refer to motherboard manual for memory slot population.
  7. Insert single memory on the A1 and test for 1 CPU socket Server MB; insert 2 memory (2 CPU sockets) - A1 and D1 and check if detected
    1. There’s no G1 on that MB

Sep 25, 2020
Thanks for your replies @andyanderson: "TIL memory must be checked before to buy, cause same dims modem&vendor&size doesnt guarantee works together" :) 2x8GB combination works perfect, 4x8GB only detected half of them. I´ve also tried all steps you told me, reseting CMOS, and last i took and old pair of dims and ... 2x8GB + 2x2GB works to reach 20 GB. Those new 4x8GB dims not in a old QVL, also Bios upgraded to last version... time to renew motherboard and CPU