Asus p8b75m - le Enter setup to recover the BIOS

pfportes

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
hello guys,

I bought last week here in brazil a mobo asus p8b75m- le and i had some troubles.
just for information, if it's necessary (intel i7 3440, 2 x 8gb memory corsair 1600 mhz, electrical souce mymax 600 w)
first of all, every time i switch on my voltage stabilizer, the pc turn on togheter, it's not necessary to press the I/O button and when i see, it's working or almost...
if i switch the voltage stabilizer off, for exemple when i'm at work, when a turn on the computer i have always the message: Enter setup to recover the BIOS.
i did the 2 latest updates (0703 and 0803) from asus site and the problem continues...
i changed the battery, i still have the same problem.
if anyone could help me, i'd thank you.

Hi, If you don't use the stabilizer and plug the cord directly in a wall socket, do you get he same behavior?
Is it a stabilizer, or an UPS? What if you disconnect the power and the reset switches from the motherboard and then plug the cord?

pfportes

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Absolutely, if i plug the cord directly i have the same behavior.
It's just a stabilizer, it's not an UPS.
I changed the jumper to position 2-3 (Reset CMOS), took the battery out during one whole day...
When i changed back the jumper and put the battery, i entered Setup, made some changes and saved them.
so while the stabilizer is on (or it's plugged directly to the wall socket) i have no problems when restarting it, the changes i did in Setup keep saved.
but when i put the stabilizer off, and the led on the motherboard also get off, i put the computer on and the message appears again (Enter setup to restore the BIOS) and all the changes i did in Setup before, are lost.
Only the clock remains... (I also tried to change the battery, no success, the problem continues)
Thank you for helping...

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS