Asus P8H61-M EVO 16GB - maybe only possible using single sided DIMMs

PackElend

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Hallo,
I'm planning to upgrade from 8 GB to 16 GB ram but the Asus P8H61-M EVO only supports single sided (high density) max. 4GB DIMMs.
Currently I've got two CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 (4GB DDR3 1333MHz) installed but I cannot find any information in their specifications (may anyone knows?).
So may I'm lucky and get the same DIMMs again or I have to get 4 single sided (high density) 4GB DIMMs.
It might be possible to install 8 GB DIMMs as in the Asus P8H61-M PRO but I can hardly find anything what would me encourage to do so. The latest DDR3 1333 Qualified Vendors List (QVL) on the P8H61-M EVO product page is very short compared to the one in the manual, so its a bit confusing.
I find only some stores what offer 16 GB upgrade kits for the Asus P8H61-M EVO but I don't know how trusthworthy they are. These are the web stores:

So I'm wondering

■ if anyone tried to install double sided (low densitiy) 8 GB DDR3 1333MHz DIMMs in a Asus P8H61-M EVO
    ■ if anyone knows what kind of DIMM it is double or single sided

Can anyone help?

Thank you
Stefan

Solution
The motherboard manual appears to have incorrect information with regard to memory modules.

The P8H61-M EVO motherboard supports double sided (dual rank) memory modules up to 8 GB.

It is the CPU integrated memory controller which determines what type of memory that is supported, it has nothing to do with the H61 chipset (as suggested by the motherboard manual).

Suggest using recommended and tested memory modules as listed in the motherboard memory module QVL and from memory manufacturers -

Crucial

G.Skill

Kingston

The motherboard manual appears to have incorrect information with regard to memory modules.

The P8H61-M EVO motherboard supports double sided (dual rank) memory modules up to 8 GB.

It is the CPU integrated memory controller which determines what type of memory that is supported, it has nothing to do with the H61 chipset (as suggested by the motherboard manual).

Suggest using recommended and tested memory modules as listed in the motherboard memory module QVL and from memory manufacturers -

Crucial

G.Skill

Kingston

Solution