Asus P8P67 power button?

618bm4c79

Reputable
Feb 22, 2015
Hello, I just put an Asus P8P67 micro rev 3.0 into a HP P7 m tower. I can't find where I would plug the power button into. The plug has 9 holes 1 hole missing in corner and the motherboard has same but has the opposite pattern. I ordered the MB refurbed and am having a hard time finding the manual online.

Solution

i can only see your ebay pic--not flickr for some reason--if thats the power switch for your hp

but that looks like it wont fit the front panel connectors--if not you would have to rig it up by cutting the plug off and joining 2 pin connectors to the wires to fit power reset hdd led etc

called something like 2 pin 2.54mm dupont Connectors

thats assuming connecting the power to the usb connector didnt do any damage

aquaprofile

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014

What youre looking for is "system panel connectors"

Your motherboard might be different from mine so I cant exactly know where to plug it in. You can touch a screwdriver with a metal end onto the connectors and if you touch the power button positive connection it will turn on. the panel connectors
are labeled in the motherboard's manual and the power button connector should be a 1 or 2 pin connector that is kinda small.
5tDIudu.png

aquaprofile

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
On my motherboard on the system panel connectors there is
i x i x x x i i i i
i i x x x i i x i i

the x represents a blank space and the i represents a connector that can be used for something
(there are 6 connectors on the bottom row of the panel connectors) on my mobo power button is the 3rd connector for pwr and 4th for ground.

aquaprofile

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014

I use an asus m5a97 r2.0 mine came with connectors with the case.

618bm4c79

Reputable
Feb 22, 2015
It didnt come with a quick connector. But I was looking at the QC online and it doesn't look like the pins would line up on it either. Maybe I'm overlooking something.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22056896@N03/sets/72157651973440456/

http://m.ebay.com/itm/331455420634

I just talked to someone from asus for an hour and he told me, which I thought was kind of sketchy, to hook in into one of the usb ports, I did.and smoke started coming from my motherboard. I pulled the power immediately. He said it was "ok" and told me he was going to send me a manual. WTH, this can't be that complicated. I got his name before I hung up, my MB better not be fried.

i can only see your ebay pic--not flickr for some reason--if thats the power switch for your hp

but that looks like it wont fit the front panel connectors--if not you would have to rig it up by cutting the plug off and joining 2 pin connectors to the wires to fit power reset hdd led etc

called something like 2 pin 2.54mm dupont Connectors

thats assuming connecting the power to the usb connector didnt do any damage

Solution