Asus P8P67 Pro BIOS update thru EZFlash2 - now restart looping

Status
Not open for further replies.

robollama

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
I tried updating the BIOS on my P8P67 Pro using the EZFlash2 tool with a FAT32 formatted flash drive and now I'm stuck in a restart loop. It said the update was successful and that it was now restarting, but it just keeps restarting over and over. I tried unplugging my SSD (OS drive), HDD(Media drive) and Optical drive, so that the only drive plugged in is the flash drive but it keeps happening. It won't show POST and nothing ever comes on my monitor before it decides to restart again. I haven't tried a CMOS reset or unplugging the PSU or moving RAM because I wanted to ask here first as I've read that can kill the BIOS chip (if it's not already....)

What should I do??? ;_;

robollama

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

No not yet. I was hesitant about that as well because I read that the BIOS has to be manually flashed once, then it flashes itself a second time and I didn't want to remove the flash drive and potentially interrupt what it was (trying) to do. Should I go ahead and try without the flash drive? I'm just very scared as I'm dead broke atm and won't be able to buy any new parts if I kill anything

Bejusek

Distinguished
Switch CLRTC jumper to position 2-3 and power on the system for 10 seconds.
Turn it off and revert it back to position 1-2.
Turn it on and it should work.

CLRTC jumper is marked in manual on page 2-2 (by number 12).

robollama

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
OK I removed the flash drive and tried but same thing. I plugged the flash drive back in, removed my 2nd stick of ram and moved 1st stick to the A1 slot and booted while playing with the MemOK button and my dram led flashed red for a while but now my computer at least stays on without restarting. Still no video on my monitor so obviously no POST/BIOS. My Boot_device_led and vga_led are red. EPU (I think?) and standby power led's are green. What should I do from here?

Won't that kill my bios chip though? Since I never could get back to BIOS or see POST after the bios update flash?

Bejusek

Distinguished

This procedure resets bios settings to defaults, I dont see how it can damage anything.
Since bios is virtually dead now, this can only help.

Status
Not open for further replies.