Asus P8P67 Pro red DRAM indicator

blanj

Reputable
Nov 10, 2016
Hi,

Basically my pc wont boot at all. I never actually booted is before as i bought used parts, but im 100% sure everything is fine with mobo. Im getting the red dram indicator. When i try to press memo ok button, red light starts flashing, pc restarts, then red lights starts flashing rapidly and after couple of seconds turns back to solid red.

Msi Gtx 660
Asus p8p67 pro
I7-3770k
Ram itself is 4gb 240pin 1333mhz.
The psu is corsair vs650

Can this dram led also mean that there are problems with other components?

I also tried couple of different memory sticks to different slots and nothing. Still all black screen.

Thanks for help in advance!

Solution
hello ,
i am having a similar problem but i purchased new back in 2011, just recently i was playing a game my computer restarted , now it wont boot and shows the red light. did you have any luck replacing the cpu

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Did you buy both motherboard and cpu together?

For p8p67 to work with Ivy CPUs the bios revision needs to be v3207. Sandy Bridge (2600k) not a problem.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8P67_PRO/HelpDesk_CPU/

Need to find out from the seller what bios revision this board has.

blanj

Reputable
Nov 10, 2016

What is a standard bios that it comes with? I assume he never updated it. I also noticed that when i press memok button; pc restarts while red dram led is blinking the cpu led blinks too once every 4-6secs until dram led is goes solid.

I highly think that cpu has no issue cuz heatsink gets slightly warm after running it for a while if that makes sense :D

I dont have any other lga1155 cpu which would be compattible with old bios ver. Is there a way to flash them without actually entering bios?

P.p i have 2x4gb sticks

Thanks!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Bios 0804 most likely. Can't flash bios without a working cpu.

Cpu would still get warm as there is current going through.

Ram communicates with the cpu. Incompatible cpu will cause dram led to light up and cpu led as well.

Not much you can do besides getting a different motherboard or find a Sandy Bridge cpu.

blanj

Reputable
Nov 10, 2016

I ended up buying some cheap i5-2390T cpu from local shop. I'll try it out and see what happens!

johnblazin

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
hello ,
i am having a similar problem but i purchased new back in 2011, just recently i was playing a game my computer restarted , now it wont boot and shows the red light. did you have any luck replacing the cpu

Solution