Asus P8P67 Pro - USB device over current status detected

sitdownson

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
Hey,

Basically my problem is that whenever I try to boot up my computer with three USB ports filled (mouse, keyboard, and headset), I get this error message that says USB device over current status detected and the PC will shut down after 15 seconds.

However, whenever I only boot it up with the mouse and keyboard and the headset is unplugged, it works fine. But the headset is still not detected when I plug it in after I boot up the computer.

I'm not sure if this is a motherboard problem or a problem with the headset. If anyone has dealt with this before or has any advice, that would be great, thanks

Pallab Sen

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013

Hi, This is Pallab. Actually your problem is very common or rather I should say it's a very common failure in Asus mobo. This problem has nothing to do with any external devices. You will also get the same message if u disconnect all external devices (even dvd, hdd etc..). I am repairing desktop and laptops since 2007 and have experienced such annoying problem several times. There are two ways to get rid of it.

1. Update your motherboard bios. This usb related problems in asus mobos come if the bios is faulty.

If not
2. Say goodby to your south bridge. (Unless you can fix it by reballing)

There are no other issues. I've repaired lots of such problems in asus and gigabyte motherboards. All of them are either from bios or bridge ic.

( Sorry for my bad english. Hope I did solve the problem)

Thanks