asus p8p67le win 10 5.1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2018
Hi guys, i have issue with 5.1 audio after upgrading to win 10. My mb is asus p8p67le and on asus website there is no driver for win 10. I tried to install it with compatibility mode for win 7 but no luck there, Interesting is that when I open speaker windows setup and select 5.1 and test it, all speakers make the sound but all music and movie files play just stereo. (yes all those files were playing 5.1 before) any suggestions?

Solution
Uninstall the sound device and its software and let Windows download the drivers again.

Also you could manually get the drivers from Microsoft Update Catalog by supplying the Hardware Id.
Open the Device Manager
In the Device Manager, right-click the device, and select Properties in the popup menu.
Select the Details tab.
Select the Hardware Ids in the drop down list.
Copy one of the multiple hardware ids for the device, starting from the top one.
Use that id an paste it on the Microsoft Update Catalog website search box (You need to use Internet Explorer and allow the Microsoft add-on).
You will see a list of drivers for your device. Download the one that correspond to your OS version.
Jul 12, 2018
I did before, but didnt work,said its not for the system. Just right now I was able to find win 10 driver that I swear was not on the site before but still 5.1 dont work in all files except those tests in windows or online. The drive that I just downloaded is here: https://www.asus.com/cz/supportonly/P8P67%20(REV%203.1)/HelpDesk_Download/ mind you my mb is rev 3.0 and this is rev 3.1 if I will choose rev 3.0 there is no win 10 driver:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8P67_LE/HelpDesk_Download/

Uninstall the sound device and its software and let Windows download the drivers again.

Also you could manually get the drivers from Microsoft Update Catalog by supplying the Hardware Id.
Open the Device Manager
In the Device Manager, right-click the device, and select Properties in the popup menu.
Select the Details tab.
Select the Hardware Ids in the drop down list.
Copy one of the multiple hardware ids for the device, starting from the top one.
Use that id an paste it on the Microsoft Update Catalog website search box (You need to use Internet Explorer and allow the Microsoft add-on).
You will see a list of drivers for your device. Download the one that correspond to your OS version.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.