Asus P8Z68-V PRO replacement

roboharrisono1

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017
Looking for a little advice please. Long standing issue but I've finally decided to try and get past it.

I have an Asus P8Z68-V PRO board with an issue on it that means I can only use 2 of the 4 DIMM slots (I broke the other 2 being ham fisted when putting in a custom CPU cooler about 2 years ago). Board also has an annoying drop on network that I've been living with thus far too. All self inflicted.

I've got a Core i5-2500K and have 4 Gskill Ripjaws X DDR3 DIMM's already - 2 of the4 DIMM's installed (can't remember the clock speed at the moment (not near my PC unfortunately)).

I'm a gamer but I don't care about being top of the range and just game on a budget. Truth is I'm just not willing to bail on my old faithful 2500K as it's still good enough considering how old it is now. Still plays everything I want to play - just want to get a little more life out of it with the full range of RAM I originally had planned for the build. I am aware I probably won't be utilising the full 16Gb with my usage but I have these DIMM's sat gathering dust and the Yorkshireman in me just wants to get some use out of them.

Can anyone suggest a good transplant motherboard please that is pretty cheap to purchase (new if I can but will consider used ones if I have to)? Pitching at about £100 or so - but that's an arbitrary price really I've plucked out of the air. Main issue is that I'm out of date on available chipsets for LGA1155 and I'm not sure which is considered the best of the bunch for the processor I already have. I will be overclocking but I'm not looking to push it to the max as I do want a stable platform to work on.

Thanks in advance everyone.