Asus P8Z68V-pro onboard audio.

TaurenManiac

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Hi Guys,
I'm having a little problem with my new build. Basically got the P8Z68V-pro and the fractal design R3 case. The onboard audio does not work. What I do notice is that the realtek Audio manager shows the front port as plugged in. The only problem is it always changes from the headphone to the mic and it just keeps alternating.

Even when I unplug the AC97 plug from the Motherboard it still detects the jack has being plugged-in. I've also gone to BIOS and changed it to AC97 also. I'm completely lost, any ideas?

Thanks

TaurenManiac

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Driver on the cd and the website are the same. It's from the realtek software that I know the front ports are being detected and going bonkers. Nothing is plugged into the front port audio from the motherboard and it detects both mic and headphone as plugged in.

Maybe I'll just cut my losses, disable Azalia from the mobo and buy a dedicated sound card.

TaurenManiac

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
I actually wouldn't have to RMA it as I bought it only 2 days ago so it should be classed as DOA and I'll get it swapped on the spot. I always had planned to get a sound card for my Audioengine A5 so I guess it comes down to if I still want a defective motherboard (I assume it is) even though I won't be using that feature.

Lutfij

Titan
probably mate, theres more thats DOA on that mobo you have infornt of you... just my opinion though :)

if you want get another thread going and maybe have get some input on what sound card to get for those monitors :)
I have a brother-in-law who has alessis M40's