[SOLVED] Asus P8z77-v deluxe not working

Dec 8, 2020
I have also the usual problem that I've just read from the forum problem with Asus p8z77-v deluxe, I tried all your advice and answers but still, I have no luck.
This is the specs of my Motherboard:
Asus P8z77-v deluxe
i7 3770k CPU
3x8 gb RAM 1600mhz
Gt 560 2gb GPU
900 watts plus 80 bronze PSU
brand new cmos battery
V6 cooler master.

I've clean the CPU gently, check the socket if there are broken pins and it's all good, check my cabling 8 pins and 24 pins also all good so far. Still not working tried much time, please help?

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020
can you elaborate on "the usual problem" maybe a link to the forumpost?
Thank you for the reply,
The problem is my computer not working, My friend gave me this used motherboard only and it is working well before he gave me it, the processor that was installed was i5 2500k. When I installed my processor i7 3770k the computer won't work, had power on the board but the CPU fan not spinning, no boot and no post, only the green light, the power switch, and the reset switch is on, no blinking light. I tried bare bone set-up that others did if it will work on my computer, and still none. I tried many times and still no luck. What should I do to fix it?

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply,
The problem is my computer not working, My friend gave me this used motherboard only and it is working well before he gave me it, the processor that was installed was i5 2500k. When I installed my processor i7 3770k the computer won't work, had power on the board but the CPU fan not spinning, no boot and no post, only the green light, the power switch, and the reset switch is on, no blinking light. I tried bare bone set-up that others did if it will work on my computer, and still none. I tried many times and still no luck. What should I do to fix it?
there are two things you should do/know:

does the mobo work with the original cpu?
if yes, try to update the mobo to the latest bios, and then plugging the "new" I7 3770

Dec 8, 2020
can you elaborate on "the usual problem" maybe a link to the forumpost?
there are two things you should do/know:

does the mobo work with the original cpu?
if yes, try to update the mobo to the latest bios, and then plugging the "new" I7 3770

Yes, it is. but I don't
have the original CPU i5 2500k, all I have is the 2 CPU i7 3770 and i7 3770k.
anyway, I will try your advice, try to borrow some lower cpu. Thank you sir I will update you if it will work, hoping for it.

Last edited: