[SOLVED] Asus P8Z77-V LK2 usb keyboard doesn't work on post and bios

x1996x

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2015
So I searched a lot online to find solution for my usb keyboards not working during post to enter bios settings. I managed to find an old second hand PS/2 keyboard and like other threads said I enabled
*USB legacy support
* USB 3.0
and disabled fast boot and selected normal boot instead.
Despite all that. The keyboards I tested (2 different keyboards) are still unable to work during post.
The keyboards do turn on during the boot and post but pressing DEL to enter bios doesn't work.
I need to connect my PS/2 keyboard in order to get to the bios which I don't want to need to do all the time.
I tested different usb ports. Both back ports and front panel ports.
I tested using 1 gaming corsair strafe rgb mk.2 keyboard and one old regular usb lenovo keyboard.

Any idea what else can I do?

Solution
BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing? As a side note, could you also state(and include pictures) of which USB ports you've tried populating with your USB keyboards? If you're on Windows 10, are you able to get into BIOS using the hold down shift key at the time of restart command option? If you're not familiar, while in the OS GUI, when you issue a reboot command, from Start, press and hold down the Shift key on your keyboard, you should see an blue screen with the option for advanced options, troubleshoot, UEFI firmware.

Lastly, is your Intel Management Engine firmware up to date(bottom of the page)?

Lutfij

Titan
BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing? As a side note, could you also state(and include pictures) of which USB ports you've tried populating with your USB keyboards? If you're on Windows 10, are you able to get into BIOS using the hold down shift key at the time of restart command option? If you're not familiar, while in the OS GUI, when you issue a reboot command, from Start, press and hold down the Shift key on your keyboard, you should see an blue screen with the option for advanced options, troubleshoot, UEFI firmware.

Lastly, is your Intel Management Engine firmware up to date(bottom of the page)?

Solution

x1996x

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2015
Thank you very much and sorry for the late replay!
Installing the Intel Management Engine firmware solved the problem! I have no idea what it does or how it is related to the usb problem but it worked!