Question ASUS P8Z77-V PRO motherboard not booting up

adityabhattacharya

Prominent
Apr 1, 2019
Hi everyone, I recently acquired a malfunctioning gaming PC whose components are as follows:
Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB*4 = 32 GB
Cooling Unit - Noctua NF P12
Power Supply - Cooler Master G650M
Processor - i7 3770 K Overclocked @2.7 GHz
GPU - 2x Nvidia GTX 670 w/SLI (Asus, Zotac)
SSD - 128GB Samsung
HDD - 1TB WD
Case - Cooler Master

Here's a link to a video demonstrating the problem : https://photos.app.goo.gl/HcQ1VMS3S6RSv6ht5

Essentially, when I turn it on, the motherboard and cooling unit power up for about two seconds before powering down. Simultaneously, the DRAM and CPU LEDs flash red. SB Power LED is green, and so are the TPU and EPU LEDs when enabled. The previous owner suspects a motherboard issue, so I want to be sure before investing in a new one.
Any help would be appreciated!

adityabhattacharya

Prominent
Apr 1, 2019
Hi taeioum,

Thanks for your response. I've tried different combinations, unfortunately all of them lead to the same issue.

---Update--

In the meantime I stripped down the PC to a bare-bones build with just the PSU, 1 stick of the 8GB DDR3 RAM, and an HDMI connection to a monitor and it still had the same issue. It seems other people have had similar issues with this MB, but the solution has been different for different people. One person reported a fan issue had caused the problem, while another said that hitting the MemOK button 15-20 times resolved their issue. I've read BIOS resetting and CMOS battery replacement are also options, but unfortunately I can't diagnose the issue too well.