Asus P8Z77-V with 2x 4GB Kingston Hyper X can't boot

daamz

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
Hi guys,

I'm using Asus P8Z77-V, i5-3570K, Kingston Hyper X (2x 4GB) 1600 MHz.

My machine worked fine since bought about 3 months ago, but yesterday, it can't boot. My DIMM LED lighting RED color.

I suspected RAM problem since i just realized that this kingston ( i know it is 1.65v) is not in the recommended list by Asus for it's Z77 mobo. i did switch my ram to different slot few times, but it still wont boot. I press memOK to let the mobo re-configure the DIMM, but it wont work.

I am confuse. I planned to bring the machine to the shop that i bought the RAM and perhaps i will claim that RAM problem.. Hahaha. I bought RAM and Mobo from different shop coz the other shop dont have this mobo that time.
i think i would suggest them to test with G-skill or Corsair RAM. If the machine prompt bios as per normal, then its good thing coz i can ask for the replacement of my Kingston RAM ( i will go either to G-skill for Corsair).

I am Kingston boy for long long time. From thumb drive, to RAM. I used them since i was in school. Yet, after 10 years, i have no mood towards kingston anymore.

I hope the problem is not the MOBO.. coz i dont want to waste my time assemble it, arrange it.. i like to do that by myself.

what do you guys think?

daamz

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
Pardon me,

i just realize few minutes a go, that my RAM is in compatible list by Asus P8Z77. My manual book didnt have that, but when i was open the asus website and saw it in there now. Kingston KHX1600C9D3LK2/8GX(XMP)

Kylehume

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
Did you try booting it up with just 1 stick at a time, first one and then the other?

You may be able to see if just one of the sticks has failed. It may be time to RMA the sticks through Kingston.

daamz

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012

Kylehume,

i already tried everything.. switching the ram and use only 1 stick at time, but it stil dont want to boot.