[SOLVED] Asus P9X79 Deluxe boot problem, postcode:00

Jun 17, 2019
Hello! I boughtt this motherboard, and have been trying to fix it for about a month now and nothing. Tried bios chip( two of them), diffrent gpu. The MEMORY_LED is Red, i think the memory might be faulty, but i pressed MemOK! And nothing happend. Any help?

Solution
What are the full specs of all components you're using?

If the memory is faulty, the MemOK! button won't miraculously fix it. The MemOK! is basically for correcting memory overclocks.

Is there an LN2 toggle on the board? If so, flip it. Found some mentions online for other ASUS boards where that was the culprit, but not for the Deluxe specifically.

As for trying to fix it for a month, is this a board that worked for you previously? Or did you acquire it broken like this?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
What are the full specs of all components you're using?

If the memory is faulty, the MemOK! button won't miraculously fix it. The MemOK! is basically for correcting memory overclocks.

Is there an LN2 toggle on the board? If so, flip it. Found some mentions online for other ASUS boards where that was the culprit, but not for the Deluxe specifically.

As for trying to fix it for a month, is this a board that worked for you previously? Or did you acquire it broken like this?

Solution

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
Hi -
I just posted a thread on my experience on a non starter pro version.
In my case it was a power problem on the mb pwr conn.
I had the same start up attitude: 00 on the display and no activity.

Start out with only a single ram module and try every slot with a reboot.

The cpu 2011 socket is renown for problems with the tiny multi connection fingers.
It only takes a credit card dropped on the open connector, and you are in serious trouble.

Hope you get more comments, as I would benefit from that too ;)