[SOLVED] ASUS P9X79 Flash Bios Update/Power Cycling

Jan 27, 2022
Hi i have just finished building my first ever pc build i bought a asus p9x79 motherboard and i am using an intel i7 3820 quad core 3.6mhz processor i have the corsair h100i liquid cooler attached and an evga geforce 1050 2gb gpu i have hooked everything up to my tv using hdmi slot in the gpu and as soon as i power it on everything lights up fans spin and a split second later it just power cycles until i unplug the psu all i can see is the cpu led light comes on but then goes off then on then off as the pc power cycles i have downloaded the latest bios update for the motherboard and used the renamer tool but when i put the usb stick in and hold the bios button in for 3 seconds the blue light flashes but then stays on solid light with out flashing there is no dust debrid the 24 pin and 8 pin power leads are fully inserted in the correct way i have taken the ram out but still have the same problem the liquid cooler is connected to the cpu fan header on the mobo and connected to the cpu with the right amount of cooling paste ive ran out of ideas as to what the problem is has anybody else had this problem and how was it fixed thanks

Solution
Hi i have just finished building my first ever pc build i bought a asus p9x79 motherboard and i am using an intel i7 3820 quad core 3.6mhz processor i have the corsair h100i liquid cooler attached and an evga geforce 1050 2gb gpu i have hooked everything up to my tv using hdmi slot in the gpu and as soon as i power it on everything lights up fans spin and a split second later it just power cycles until i unplug the psu all i can see is the cpu led light comes on but then goes off then on then off as the pc power cycles i have downloaded the latest bios update for the motherboard and used the renamer tool but when i put the usb stick in and hold the bios button in for 3 seconds the blue light flashes but then stays on solid light...
Hi i have just finished building my first ever pc build i bought a asus p9x79 motherboard and i am using an intel i7 3820 quad core 3.6mhz processor i have the corsair h100i liquid cooler attached and an evga geforce 1050 2gb gpu i have hooked everything up to my tv using hdmi slot in the gpu and as soon as i power it on everything lights up fans spin and a split second later it just power cycles until i unplug the psu all i can see is the cpu led light comes on but then goes off then on then off as the pc power cycles i have downloaded the latest bios update for the motherboard and used the renamer tool but when i put the usb stick in and hold the bios button in for 3 seconds the blue light flashes but then stays on solid light with out flashing there is no dust debrid the 24 pin and 8 pin power leads are fully inserted in the correct way i have taken the ram out but still have the same problem the liquid cooler is connected to the cpu fan header on the mobo and connected to the cpu with the right amount of cooling paste ive ran out of ideas as to what the problem is has anybody else had this problem and how was it fixed thanks
if the cpu lights is on, it's either the cpu, or the motherboard...

Solution