Asus P9X79 Pro "Base System Device" Problem

xionix

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013
Hey guys,

I'm having a very strange problem with my new Asus P9X79 Pro.

System Specs: i7-4930k, Asus P9X79 Pro, 32gig RAM, Samsung 256gb SSD, Win7 Ultimate 64bit

- Windows installed without problems
- all available drivers are installed (incl. Chipset)
- system is running smoothly...the new install kind of smooth

BUT...the device manager shows 35(!) missing drivers for "Base System Device"?!?

The chipset drivers are installed!

p9x79_problem.png

I'm at a loss here. I have no idea how to tackle this problem or even where to start looking for a solution.

Any ideas? I hope you can understand that I'm a bit reluctant to migrate my data to the new rig without knowing if this is a real issue.

Any help is appreciated.

X

xionix

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013

Trust me, I've downloaded everything there was to download.
I continued to look for a solution and ended up downloading a chipset pack from Intel directly.

The one Asus supplied was...
Product: Intel(R) Chipset Device Software
Release: Production Version
Version: 9.3.0.1026
Target: Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family
Date: November 02 2012

The one from Intel was...
Product: Intel(R) Chipset Device Software
Release: Production Version
Version: 9.4.0.1026
Target PCH/Chipset: Xeon(R) processor E3-1200 v3,Intel(R) 4th Gen Core processor, Intel(R) 8 Series,C220 Series
Date: August 05 2013

Installing the original Intel drivers solved all problems except one. I'm still stuck with one Base System Device.
According to the PCI-Database it's the Xeon E5 v2/Core i7 Integrated Memory Controller 1 Channel 0-3 ERROR Registers 2 (Device 8086:0eb6)

Any Ideas where I could get drivers for this one?

Thanks
X

xionix

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013
Problem solved!

It seems I had all the drivers but Win7 wasn't using them right.
By installing some by hand and some via setup I managed to get everything working.

Thanks for your attention ;)

dcs730

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
Hi Xionix

I too came across this exact same issue. I downloaded the latest X79 chipset drivers from the intel website.

Link : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=816&DwnldID=20775&ProductFamily=Software+Products&ProductLine=Chipset+Software&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+Chipset+Software+Installation+Utility&lang=eng

But now I have the exact same issue with the one remaining "Base System Device"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0eB6&SUBSYS_84EF1043&REV_04

Any assistance with how you got the final step resolved appreciated. Can you please outline the exact steps?

Rgds
Gerry

xionix

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013
Hi dcs730

you need two driver packages...
1.) Intel® Chipset Device Software...from the Intel website
2.) Intel(R) Management Engine Interface V9.0.0.1287 for Windows Vista/7/8 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)...from the Asus Website

in case (1.) Just download the zip file, unpack it and point to the folder location when updating the driver via device manager ("Browse my computer for driver software")

in case (2.) The above procedure doesn't work with this one. You have to install the MEI via setup.exe.

Doing that solved all my missing driver problems. I hope it does in your case too.

Good luck
X

IcrewUH60s

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013

Worked for me. Thanks.

jhayat

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2013
Hi all. :)

Like the OP, I wound up with the same thing. I downloaded the latest X79 chipset drivers from the intel website. That got rid of the "Performance Counters", the "System Interrupt Controller" and all of the "Base System Device" - save for one; I still have one of those remaining.

Based on xionix's advice, I d/l-ed the Intel(R) Management Engine Interface from ASUS, but got a "can not copy files. Install aborted" error when I ran the .exe. I was able to install the (older) one from the CD, but that has not yet gotten rid of the one remaining "Base System Device". I called ASUS - that did not help.

Any ideas on what I should try next? Did the MEI from the ASUS site really work for you guys?

Thanks in advance.

xr7dm

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
I built (3) Sabertooth X79 systems. Same issues as xionix and dcs730.
all systems have the i7-4930k CPU

Used xionix's advice. Fixes all but 1 remaining "Base System Device" (PCI bus 255, device 16, function 6)

faithlocket

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
OK, here is the fix. I had the same thing happening and I reinstalled the chipset from the Intel website and all but one Base System Device was updated. Here is how to get that last one fixed.

Download the chipset drivers from the Intel site, then unzip that folder. Mine was called "infinst_autol"

Then go to the Device Manager, select the one Base Sytem device, Update the driver from a specific location... point it to that folder with the chipset files in it. i.e. "infinst_autol"

You should get this screen.....
driver.png