Asus P9Z68 - V/GEN3, Switching to Discrete graphics from integrated

Emeraldrapture

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
Hello,

I just brought an Asus P8Z68 - V/GEN3 MB, along with an Asus GTX 560 O.C. GPU, and am wondering if anyone has any idea how to out put from the GPU and not the onboard, i disabled iGPU and made sure bios setting was set to PCIe/PCI, still nothing and in windows device manage isnt even registering my GPU wth? help please!

D

Deleted member 217926

List full system specs. You plugged it in right? And have a power supply big enough to power the 560? Did you try reseating the card? And this is dumb but you did plug the monitor into the card?

raja@asus

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011

A few things to check

1) That the GPU is seated properly in the PCIe slot

2) Not sure if that GPU has HDMI output, but if it does and you are using it try using DVI output instead.

3) Try setting UEFI to Gen 2 for PCIe instead of Gen 3 - if the option is available.

4) Try using a different PCIe slot and see if the board will POST from the GPU.

-Raja

miqdad

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Go to bios and load default setting save and close load up then switch the computer off
take the dvi cable or converter of vga in top tier of graphics card make sure the graphics card is in the closet slot near to the CPU maker sure the 6pins are in even if there are two as well then switch it on make sure the cable are on tightly and the card and let it boot if it dosent work switch it to the motherboard and then load default again.

worked for me hope it does for you!

Emeraldrapture

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
Cheers everyone for the help, turns out I didn't have the second pcie connector plugged into the card, reset bios and everything and re-seated the card to be sure auto switched first time lol, currently running smoother than a baby's butt. Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS