Asus PA238Q IPS ProArt Gaming Performance

Kash_champ

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014
Hi,

I need a new monitor.

Purpose: Gaming ~40%, Photo Post Processing ~20%, Others ~ 40%.
Budget: ~ $450

After quite a bit of researching I’m now aware of the effective technical differences b/w the TN panel with 1ms G2G, 140hz vs IPS with 6ms G2G, 60hz for gaming. But considering my need and from some opinions gathered through web I’ve decided to go with IPS. This is the monitor –
Asus PA238Q, IPS, 16.7 million color, 6ms G2G, 50-75hz, 1080p.

Query:
How does this monitor perform in terms of gaming? Will this monitor get me through gaming (excluding competitive FPS) considering its shortcomings?

Any & all help & opinions greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Solution
ASUS PA238Q

Flawless Gradation with 10-bit Look-up Table

6ms (gray to gray) is still very good for gaming and regarding input lag, i wouldnt worry , as all ASUS monitors (even ips monitors) perform very well!

Kash_champ

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014

I would like a fully gaming 'speedy' monitor as I also play FPS but considering my Photo editing need this is a trade off I have to accept. [No IPS 'Speedy' monitor as of yet.]

Regardless of that, your opinion is quite to the point, and I thank you. However the full review you referred to I see is of PA248Q. Apart from their diagonal screen size, resolution and the ports, I’m not sure about their technical differences. So I cannot ascertain how well they apply to PA238Q.

One more thing. What is the panel depth? 6-bit/8-bit/10-bit ?

Any further clarification/opinion is very welcome.
Thank you.

Kash_champ

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014

Thank you. One more thing; could you give me any suggestion or reference as to a 'gaming settings' for this monitor as it doesn’t have a dedicated one.

''Each PA238Q is pre-calibrated with a maximum ΔE (Delta E) of less than 5. Ensures precise reading of color input and guarantees excellent color fidelity'' this is the same way calibrated as PA248Q, as seen in TFT central review. so seens it is properly calibrated out of the box, there isnt anything to consider.! just dont use vga as an input. any other will do just fine!

Kash_champ

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014

Wonderful. You've been a real help. Thanks.

you're welcome!:)