Asus Padfone 2 Nears 1 Million Sales, Successor on the Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Loving the new mobile devices coming out for ASUS recently. Was going to get the Window 8 surface pro this Saturday, but after I saw the Transformer Book from CES, I'm grabbing that instead. Also, the Vivobook, Vivotab, Taichi, etc. all seem like very good products compared to the competitors. I'll probably go from my Galaxy device to the Padfone also depending on what they reveal at MWC.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
I really hope the next iteration of the padphone makes it to the US, I love the idea of an all in one device... i know US carriers want to sell a tablet data plan and a phone data plan but the padphone is just cool and functional one device with so many functions /drool

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
[citation][nom]iKyunG[/nom]Loving the new mobile devices coming out for ASUS recently. Was going to get the Window 8 surface pro this Saturday, but after I saw the Transformer Book from CES, I'm grabbing that instead. Also, the Vivobook, Vivotab, Taichi, etc. all seem like very good products compared to the competitors. I'll probably go from my Galaxy device to the Padfone also depending on what they reveal at MWC.[/citation]

Totally agree ASUS making some of the best devices.
But on the Taichi part, I had high hopes for it too. But after playing with it in person, I'm giving up on it for a Yoga.
The screen on Taichi was not the best screens(color and viewing angle), the tablet was a little bit too heavy for my liking in tablet mode, and lastly the UI transition was not seamlessly(from laptop mode to tablet mode). Also, maybe it's the unit I was playing with, the touch screen was not sensitive, at least comparing to Yoga side by side. Yoga has won my heart this round.

Draeg

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
My stupid friend didn't read that it wasn't available in the US but bought it anyway (don't ask how). Anyway, the phone is AWESOME! The problem is that it only gets Edge over here so he returned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS