ASUS PB278Q white screen and lines, dead?

Jul 2, 2018
I have a Asus pb278q monitor that randomly in the middle of work turned off, music stayed on but the screen went a white color with lines across like in the picture. The monitor turns on and you see the logo try to go across is just white and black lines, can't distinguish it. Is there a fix, my monitor is from 2016 so out of warranty and if I have to replace a part it is fine rather than forking over 300 plus for a new one
Thanks!!!http://

Solution

If monitor does the same thing on another computer, with the same connection type, nothing you can really do to fix it, would be a bit tough to find out where the issue is without buying a bunch of parts and swap them out, which is likely to end up costing more than a working monitor.

About it being out of warranty, it should have a 3 year warranty, if you got it in 2016, should still be good.
Jul 2, 2018

Yes, I tried on both work and home system. Replaced this work monitor with the same model and it works fine, the new one.

If monitor does the same thing on another computer, with the same connection type, nothing you can really do to fix it, would be a bit tough to find out where the issue is without buying a bunch of parts and swap them out, which is likely to end up costing more than a working monitor.

About it being out of warranty, it should have a 3 year warranty, if you got it in 2016, should still be good.

Solution