ASUS PB287 4k monitor/ Radeon R9-295x2 problems

TheOnlyDoor

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Im trying to get any advice on this problem and to see if anyone has this exact combo.
I bought the R9-295x2 specifically for 4k. I settled on the ASUS PB287 4k display.
Well I just got it today and no matter which of the 4 mini DP port I use on my Radeon the monitor says " No display port signal". I've tried a mini DP to DP cable, Standard DP cable with mini DP adapter, I even went out and bought gold plated DP cables to see if that was the problem. The monitor will still not recieve a signal. I tested the Display on my Xbox one through HDMI and it works just fine. So i went and bought a mini DP to HDMI cable...will not work in DP or HDMI with that.
ASUS Tech support had no clue and said they had not recived any issues with mini DP. I called XFX just to cover my bases and they said they've had no issues with the R9-295x2 connecting to other 4k monitors. They admitted however they had not tested that card with this monitor.
Also when I connected through xbox I was sure to set the monitor to DP 1.2 in the settings hoping that would fix the " no displayport signal" problem....no luck.
So before I RMA this thing I was hoping an expert or mabey somone whos had a similar problem might see somthing I've not tried yet.
Sorry for the length of this, I figured I'd give as much info up front as possible.
Thanks in advance

Solution
I do not have the Asus monitor, but I have the Samsung 4k monitor, and I have somewhat similar problem in which I may get a black screen in windows suddenly, and I will need to unplugged the monitor to get it back on.
It has been discussed at length in overclock.net forums.
I feel it has something to do with the miniDP ports of the 295x2 as well as the drivers for the 4k panels.
You can try getting a new miniDP to DP cable and reinstall the Catalyst drivers.
I have done almost everything I could think of based on the discussions in the net, to no avail.
I am still praying for a solution.

good luck

TheOnlyDoor

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011

Well I ended up experimenting and pluged my old DVI monitor into my cards DVI port then I hooked up the 4k display through the cards minidisplay port.
Now the monitor works....only thing is that now a the DVI must be connected at both ends or the displayport wont work at all.
So I'm forced to have two screens on my desk now.

kalijaga

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
I do not have the Asus monitor, but I have the Samsung 4k monitor, and I have somewhat similar problem in which I may get a black screen in windows suddenly, and I will need to unplugged the monitor to get it back on.
It has been discussed at length in overclock.net forums.
I feel it has something to do with the miniDP ports of the 295x2 as well as the drivers for the 4k panels.
You can try getting a new miniDP to DP cable and reinstall the Catalyst drivers.
I have done almost everything I could think of based on the discussions in the net, to no avail.
I am still praying for a solution.

good luck

Solution