Asus PC takes ages to boot

toni_ivankovic1

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
So it has been happening for about a week now. I have a 6 months old ASUS ZenBook UX330U and it has been working flawlessly up until now. About a week ago I turned my PC off and about 10 minutes later wanted to turn it back on but it didnt show any signs of life, no sonud, fan, picture, anything. After about 5 minutes it just started up and everything seemed normal. I thought it probably wasn't anything to get concerned about so I didn't research much more. It happened again and again over the next couple of days and I started looking into the problem and today i really got into solving it and as the part of the process I had to shut down and turn on my PC and it ironically couldn't turn on... It is staying there right now completely blank with no signs of life except that when I close and open the lid, the power button and the charging lamp light up for a split second but than start fading (looks like the voltage is slowly decreasing). I have no idea whatsoever on what the problem might be, I've got 512 GB SSD, 8 GB RAM and intel i7 processor. Unfortunatelly the battery is unremoveable so I can't really be sure whether it is currently on or not...
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Solution

Halo11702

Reputable
Sep 17, 2016
Yeah, the battery would be the problem if you say that it looks like that. When you turn it on is it plugged in or on battery? because you could try charging it up for like 30 minutes and KEEP it plugged in and try to turn it on. if that works the battery is probably dead or either dying (as in not functioning properly, not that it needs to be charged). post back if this helps or not because than i could explore some more on it.

toni_ivankovic1

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018

Yeah, unfortunatelly it has been plugged in all the time so I highly doubt the battery is the source. The battery on itself lasts for at least 3 hours so I'm not sure whether that means it is functioning in the sense you mentioned or not,but I am going to try turning it off and charging to see what happens. Nevertheless thanks for the answer!

Halo11702

Reputable
Sep 17, 2016

The only other thing i could think of is taking the battery out and holding the power button to discharge the motherboard but like you said i dont think those batteries are ment to be removed. Your motherboard could be shot but for some reason i dont think that is the issue but i could be mistaken on that. i have seen this problem with my friends old samsung laptop but his was a heat issue. When you turn it on does it make any noises? like hard drive overworking noises which is kinda like a wine from the hard drive?

Solution