[SOLVED] Asus PCE-AC55BT WiFi not working but Blue Tooth does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 19, 2019
I recently installed the Asus PCE-AC55BT network adapter into my available PCIE x16 slot and available usb slot. It registers as a blue tooth device but not a wifi network adapter. I've downloaded their drivers as well as had microsoft look for the most recent driver updates and still no wifi. I have an ASRock Z97M Pro4 mobo with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 graphics card in the other PCIE slot and running windows 10 pro (1903). I've used usb wifi dongles before so I know wifi works on this machine, I just cant get this card to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Solution
" There are no LED's flashing anywhere." I should have been clearer.

The adapter's image shows two LEDs (one yellowish, one greenish). Are those LED's simply unlit, staying a solid color, appearing as different colors, or completely non-existent?

Physically examine the card - use a magnifying glass. Look for signs of damage or a loose connection on the card. The antenna wires for example.

Suggestion: try loading the drivers before you install the card.

Three other immediate things you can do:

1) Go into Device Manager and examine the properties of the Bluetooth Device and Network adapters. Determine if all are as expected or otherwise as they should be.

2) Run the built in Windows 10 troubleshooters. The...

Ralston18

Titan
Did you disable all other network adapters, wired or wireless, installed on your computer?

Double check the antenna connections - ensure that they fully and firmly connected.

Does the following link show your adapter?

https://www.asus.com/Networking/PCE-AC55BT/

What are the two LED's indicating via color and/or flashing?

Did you get or have the User Guide/Manual? Asus's website kept going only to the Declaration of Conformity documents or provided a blank listing.

Run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the command prompt.

Oct 19, 2019
Hi, below are my answers to your questions in bold.

Did you disable all other network adapters, wired or wireless, installed on your computer? Yes

Double check the antenna connections - ensure that they fully and firmly connected. Yes

Does the following link show your adapter? Yes

https://www.asus.com/Networking/PCE-AC55BT/

What are the two LED's indicating via color and/or flashing? There are no LED's flashing anywhere

Did you get or have the User Guide/Manual? Asus's website kept going only to the Declaration of Conformity documents or provided a blank listing. Yes, it says load the cd, i dont have a cd drive so i downloaded everything from the link you have above. then plug in the card, connect to internet, load blue tooth software, adjust antenna. Thats the entire user manual

Run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the command prompt. Pasted below.

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Air-Desktop
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 98-2C-BC-86-7C-97
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ralston18

Titan
" There are no LED's flashing anywhere." I should have been clearer.

The adapter's image shows two LEDs (one yellowish, one greenish). Are those LED's simply unlit, staying a solid color, appearing as different colors, or completely non-existent?

Physically examine the card - use a magnifying glass. Look for signs of damage or a loose connection on the card. The antenna wires for example.

Suggestion: try loading the drivers before you install the card.

Three other immediate things you can do:

1) Go into Device Manager and examine the properties of the Bluetooth Device and Network adapters. Determine if all are as expected or otherwise as they should be.

2) Run the built in Windows 10 troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix some issue.

3) Run "sfc /scannow" (without quotes) via the Command prompt. Sfc may likewise find and fix some relevant file corruption.

The results of "ipconfig /all" appears to be incomplete. There should have been much more information in the output.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.