Asus pce-ac68 not connecting to the internet

ahobodude

Reputable
Jan 19, 2015
So i just got my asus wireless adapter in the mail today and i have it hooked up and its not allowing me to connect to the internet. I have the adapter in a pci slot and ive tried 2 of the 3 available slotsi have on my motherboard, which is the msi z97 gaming 7. when i try to open the software the adapter came with all that pops up is to connect the wireless adapter before starting the program. I had an old netgear adapter before this that i thought died on me because it was doing the same thing. Could i possibly be a virus or something on my pc?

update: I cant even get an internet connection when i hard wire my pc to the router. Also trying to figure this nonsense out after uninstalling and reinstalling everything i got a pop up that said "press install button to install the drivers while windows security message pops up." but nothing pops up and when i hit okay nothing happened. Aldo in my device manager it says its not installed properly with the yellow triangle and an ! in it. And in network center it says its disabled and when i click to enable it it says its enabled but nothing changes. and doing the diagnostic it says "windows couldnt automatically bind the ip protocol stack to the network adapter." So im at a complete loss of what to do.

any and all help is greatly appreciated.