eneto

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
The Asus pce-n31 wireless network card does not detect any network, eventhough the 2 antennas are straight-up fixed (without the metal holder piece of crap because I didn't feel like opening the case again.. To put the graphic card myself was such a pain, it would gold into place so I had to push it on the left so the shells would go in) but the little green light is opened, YET NOT BLINKING, which gives no signal, really..

I really need your help.
I would really loveee to use my new computer (((

I have a D-LINK router on the main floor and it is working since we all have laptops at home.

NCIX tested everything, why does it not work when it arrives home? It's allllllllways like that with me
GRRR

Config:

1 x PC Assembly and Testing with 1 Year Limited NCIX System Warranty (PRE-CONFIG WIN. OS If Purchased)
PC Assembly & Testing does not include servers and requires an additional 4-5 business days to ship once all parts are in stock. NCIX will install heatsinks or pre-filled CPU liquid coolers. 1 Year Limited Warranty on system components assembled by NCIX.
1 x ASUS PCE-N31 Wireless Network Adapter 802.11B/G/N Up to 300MBPS PCI-EXPRESS
1 x Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64BIT DVD OEM
1 x Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA3 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB Cache 3.5IN Dual Proc Hard Drive OEM
1 x AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 6 Core Processor 2.8GHZ Socket AM3 Retail Box
1 x MSI 790X-G45 ATX AM3 790X DDR3 CrossFire 2XPCI-E16 2XPCI-E 2XPCI SATA2 RAID GBLAN Audio Motherboard
1 x LG GH24LS50 24X Super Multi Lightscribe SATA DVD Writer OEM Black
1 x G.SKILL F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL Ripjaws PC3-10666 4GB 2X2GB DDR3-1333 CL9-9-9-24 Core i5 Memory Kit
1 x Radeon HD 5850 725MHZ 1GB GDDR5 4.0GHZ PCI-E 2XDVI HDMI Display Port
This video card is available only as part of a pre-built NCIX PC system.
1 x NZXT Tempest EVO EATX
1 x Seasonic SS-600ET 600W EPS12V 24PIN ATX Power Supply PFC 80PLUS Bronze 6PIN 8PIN PCI-E 120MM Fan OEM

Here's the network card pad: http://www.ncix.com/products/produ [...] &sku=49999

I don't see what is going wrong..
They did a complete check-in and tested the computer before shipping. It is a great firm.
But only did the computer freeze when I restarted it but it detects ZERO network (without mentionning the fact that there are black borders around my screen 24'' DELL full hd in a 1908-1020 resolution.. this is not normal im supposed to be full screen)...

And don't see why or how to update the pilots/drivers of the network (I don't know how) and if there is not any connection, it only makes it worst...

G

As the computer is new I think you should go back to the vendor -- presumably they have experience of the Asus adapter.

Meanwhile check Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager (your version of Windows may work differently, so improvise a bit) and look to see if the Asus is listed and not yellow flagged as a problem.

It may be something as simple as it not being seated properly in the slot or a newer driver is needed for your version of Windows.

Incidentally, if you installed the card, did you follow the installation instructions properly -- like usually you have to load the driver from the CD before inserting the card ?

eneto

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
As the computer is new I think you should go back to the vendor -- presumably they have experience of the Asus adapter.

Meanwhile check Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager (your version of Windows may work differently, so improvise a bit) and look to see if the Asus is listed and not yellow flagged as a problem.

It may be something as simple as it not being seated properly in the slot or a newer driver is needed for your version of Windows.

Incidentally, if you installed the card, did you follow the installation instructions properly -- like usually you have to load the driver from the CD before inserting the card ?

They are supposed to have installed all drivers prior to its arrival (the PC)
and for it being wrong-seated, is that possible eventhough the light was on (the little green light behind the computer) ? I doubt it :( If it there was a problem with it being seated unproperly, I believe it shouldnt be lighted.

And for the device, I did not see it in the device manager, although I saw Atheros ethernet PCI something like that.. but thats the Eternet port, which is normal to be there.

BTW, I tested the Data loop test by pinging the 127.0.0.0 and all I had were general failures,

SENT: 4 RECEIVED: 0

Which means to my small knowledge, that the piece is faulty and needs to be returned.

What do you guys think!

Thank you very much for your time, again,

-E