Asus PCs Found to More Reliable Than Macs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGDJoker

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
As a Former Asus reseller.I can say they have consistently made the best hardware for computers for years. Aside for the dumpy website they are always number 1 on my list when it comes to quality.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]StupidRabbit[/nom]Found to Be More Reliable.. i guess[/citation]

What's not reliable? The grammar checking.

You know that something like 80% or more of returned electronics aren't defective?

timber_100

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009
Apple's score is probably unrealistically low since, as the article notes, AppleCare (and the "genius" bar) handle a lot of Apple problems. This likely means that Asus (and the other brands) are much better relative to Apple than they appear.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
with asus, you have always paid a bit more for good build quality, this was always the way In the mobo arena anyway.

(tho, these days I find gigabyte is probably more reliable, based simply on the fact that I have had 2 asus mobos die, while the $40 gigabyte one in my 24/7 server is still going strong. mobo reliability is important to me cause Ive had more mobos die on me than hard drives! only thing more fail prone is the PSUs (which may be breaking the mobos) )

thiswillkillthat

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
I'm not entirely surprised. Asus has been making all around good stuff for years. I have an ASUS laptop I bought almost six years ago, and it's only twice given me significant problems. I've had to send a second-gen MacBook in for service twice in three years. The MacBook receives considerably more abuse, but it is what it is.

And therein lies the rub.

It won't break often, but good luck when it does.

iPhoneCzar

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
Where's DELL in all this?

I have to say that I've bought more ASUS MoBo's over the years than any other brand and they've been good. I like ASUS. But I've been thoroughly converted by my Mac Experience. As an Electrical Engineer and long time hardware AND software guy, I've been blown away by the quality of both when it comes to Apple.

Core2uu

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
[citation][nom]NobleSnow[/nom]Where is Dell.[/citation]

Their Computer Reliability Score could only be expressed in positive numbers.

Just kidding, I have an 6-year-old Dell sitting in the other room that's given us no trouble over the years.

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
[citation][nom]iPhoneCzar[/nom]Where's DELL in all this?I have to say that I've bought more ASUS MoBo's over the years than any other brand and they've been good. I like ASUS. But I've been thoroughly converted by my Mac Experience. As an Electrical Engineer and long time hardware AND software guy, I've been blown away by the quality of both when it comes to Apple.[/citation]

Really so what inside your Apple is actually made by Apple? The motherboard? Nope Foxconn. The GPU? Nope NVIDIA or ATI. Ohhh Yea The Monitor. Nope take them apart and youll find a Toshiba or LG LCD panel (depending on the year), Wait I got it the Hard Drives. Nope Those are jobbed out to independant manufactures.

My point is. ASUS makes their Motherboards, Graphics Cards, and LCD's. All Apple Makes is a OS.

Whatever your opinion is on their OS thats fine. But they dont make superior machines because all they do is put them together in a Box. I knew how to do that at 13.

leafblower29

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
[citation][nom]NobleSnow[/nom]Where is Dell.[/citation]
Dell is low numbers cannot even express it. Anyone who owns one knows what I mean. They have scarred me for life. No joke. It's that bad.

Wayoffbase

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Grats to Asus, I have no use for a netbook/nettop or any pre built system but I've gotten consistently good mobos and videocards from them. My sister is in Iraq with the national guard, dad just sent her an Asus netbook so this is good to hear.

G

You know HP does not look too good? I think HP right now is putting out more crap then Dell. Although I can say from experience. Dell is not very good in quality or support. Luckily Dell's are cheap at least on their outlet and I can fix most things myself. But I certainly could not recommend them to any non tech user.

industrial_zman

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Every one is screaming "where's Dell?", what about Acer? Acer has acquired three computer OEMs as of now: Gateway, Emachines, and Packard Bell. However, Acer is just like Asus, they manufacture a lot of their own parts as well, including screens. I know people are going to hate on this because a few of the companies that Acer owns.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Asus numbers are skewed wildly because of the netbooks. Small, cheap, easy to replace, and most of them are still under Asus factory warranty.

Impulse Fire911

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
asus is a good company who makes good quality products i have an asus motherboard and i am extremely satisfied with it. whe i saw this i wasnt at all surprised

Status
Not open for further replies.