asus pg278q vs pg279q

homeboyboom

Reputable
Jun 13, 2014
I'm looking to buy a new gaming monitor. Which one should I buy: Asus pg278q vs Asus pg279q.
The 279 has got a IPS panel but at a trade of of a 4ms response time. I am looking for a Gaming Monitor for FPS like CS:GO and other games similar to that. Is the trade of worth it, or should I just buy the 278 with the response time of 1ms but without the IPS?

In short: Asus pg278q vs Asus pg279q?

P.S.
Do not tell me about the Acer Predator becuase I wont buy it.

Solution

I just got the pg278q yesterday, and I've been using it for roughly less than a day. I can tell you...it's freaking amazing! I'm coming from the vg248qe which is now my second monitor. So, both of my monitors have TN panels, and I don't get why people always seem to be...

Fai9al023

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014

I just got the pg278q yesterday, and I've been using it for roughly less than a day. I can tell you...it's freaking amazing! I'm coming from the vg248qe which is now my second monitor. So, both of my monitors have TN panels, and I don't get why people always seem to be avoiding TN panels. The colors are great, it performs REALLY well, and it's a couple hundred dollars cheaper. Also, since you mentioned you're going to be playing FPS games, I would think the response time will be a bit better. But, it's your choice in the end, and I would personally read a lot of reviews from both monitors.

Solution