Question ASUS PG27UQ not displaying correctly at frequencies over 60hz

May 11, 2020
I got this monitor (refurbished) in the mail today, and I've been trying to set it up the past 2 hours, but I can't seem to get an image at over 60hz, in any resolution (I've tried 4k, 1440p, and 1080p). As soon as I turn up the frequency to 61 or higher, it seems the display gives up with displaying the image, but it shows some kind of blurry light, quite likely the individual lighted zones (not entirely sure since it's my first monitor with this feature). I know my PC supports higher hz since I've had a 1080p 144hz monitor for a while with no issues.
Could the problem be the cable, or should I return the whole screen?

You have to use DisplayPort, Dual Link DVI-D, or HDMI 1.3 to achieve 144HZ.
It's a 4K monitor. DVI and HDMI won't support more than 60 Hz.

I got this monitor (refurbished) in the mail today, and I've been trying to set it up the past 2 hours, but I can't seem to get an image at over 60hz, in any resolution (I've tried 4k, 1440p, and 1080p). As soon as I turn up the frequency to 61 or higher, it seems the display gives up with displaying the image, but it shows some kind of blurry light, quite likely the individual lighted zones (not entirely sure since it's my first monitor with this feature). I know my PC supports higher hz since I've had a 1080p 144hz monitor for a while with no issues.
Could the problem be the cable, or should I return the whole screen?
Higher than 60 Hz requires a DisplayPort cable that can handle HBR3 speeds. Are you using the cable that came with the monitor, or a 3rd party one?

May 11, 2020
Higher than 60 Hz requires a DisplayPort cable that can handle HBR3 speeds. Are you using the cable that came with the monitor, or a 3rd party one?
I'm using the DP cable that came with the monitor (it's RoG branded and has "8k" printed on it.). I'll try using the one I was using with my old monitor.

TRENDING THREADS