Question ASUS PG43UQ won't go below 2560 x 1440 ?

Apr 10, 2022
1st time posting here, but im about at wits end, let me know what additional information you need to help diagnose my problem.

Im using a DP1.2 cable on a GeForce RTX 2080 Ti on a ASUS PG43UQ monitor
I can get 144hz @ 3840x2160 no problem and windows and games that dont take a lot of horsepower (world of warcraft) look great.

when i try and play FPS though and want to get maximum frames, i cant play in 4k, at least not PUBG.

If i for example go into PUBG or any game where i can make it 1920x1080 as full screen, the monitor overlay (where you can monitor settings), will show me running at 2560x1440. no matter what resolution i put it at below that. The game looks awful, everything is super blurry, no matter what i change in-game settings wise. If I run it at 1920x1080 in borderless windowed, it looks tolerable, but still really bad. functionally unplayable really in the FPS world.

i used to use a samsung 4k monitor that would perfectly downscale to 1080p and looked super crisp, just wouldnt go above 60 fps. did i waste 1400$ on this monitor? im about ready to throw it out the window.

im running 2 monitors, but ive tried disconnecting the other monitor completely etc.
im running the latest nvidia drivers etc
i havent tried using a regular hdmi cable but i think it would be pretty insane for me to be required to switch cables everytime i want to play PUBG.

thoughts would be very much appreciated. thank you all.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might want to state the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitors:

As for your issue, have you tried reinstalling your GPU drivers? You're advised to use DDU to rid all your GPU drivers, then reinstall with the latest drivers from Nvidia in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Apr 10, 2022
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
ASUS Maximus XI Hero Mobo
32gb Ram (HyperX Predator)
Intel M2 drive 2tb
Seagate 8tb
Geforce RTX 2080 Ti
Windows 10
ASUS PG43UQ
and Acer XV270U for discord/web

Cleaned up system with DDU, still looks like ass.
tried different DP cables and ports on GPU.
monitor refuses to display less than 2560x1440 on main monitor, even if i unplug and uninstall the 2nd monitor in case thats interfering

speccy info
View: https://i.imgur.com/BGrnoqI.png

View: https://i.imgur.com/K2sh9X5.png