Question ASUS PH-GTX1060-3G Stopped working after restarting.

debudx

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2014
I recently encountered a perplexing issue with my ASUS PH-GTX1060-3G graphics card. After installing a new power supply unit (PSU), my graphics card initially worked, but upon restarting my PC, the display stopped functioning. While the graphics card's LED indicator is operational, and the fan continues to spin, there is no display output. Interestingly, when I tried a spare Quadro 600 graphics card that doesn't rely on the new power supply, my PC booted and functioned without any issues.

Description of the Issue:

• After the installation of a new power supply unit, the ASUS PH-GTX1060-3G graphics card exhibited the following behavior:
    • It initially worked during the first boot after PSU installation.
    • However, upon restarting the PC, the display ceased to function.
    • The graphics card's LED indicator remains operational.
    • The fan on the graphics card continues to spin.
    • Nevertheless, there is no display output on the monitor.
P.S - The card is out of warranty should I contact service centre ? will they repair it ?

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Since you swapped out and in some parts, please mention what they are(both old and new).

debudx

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2014
@Lutfij

My Specs are below and i have added some additonal details .​

CPU: i7 4770 (8 years)
CPU cooler: Stock Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte ga b85 d3h (8 years)
Ram: gskills rip jaws 8gb x 4 ( 1 year old )
SSD/HDD: Crucial mx 500 1tb ( OS) WD 1 tb 7200 rpm for storage
GPU: ASUS PH-GTX1060-3G GeForce GTX 1060 3GB ( almost 6 years old )
PSU: Antec VP550P 550w Swapped it with Cooler Master MWE 450 Bronze V2 Power Supply - Non-Modular | 80 Plus Bronze Certified
Chassis: Antec ask 4000b-u3 ( Dimensions 17.3 (H) x 7.3 (W) x 16.2 (D) )
Monitor: LG 24Gn650 Ultragear Gaming 24 Inch (60 Cm) LCD 1920 x 1080 ( 1 years Old )

Additional info -
1) I can see My gpu in device manager with yellow mark when i use onboard graphics card
2) Usb ports are disconnecting randomly and mouse hanging when i am using external powered hub evring works fine

TRENDING THREADS