Asus Phasing Out 7-inch, Not 8.9-inch Eee PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

They also should change from cheap and affordable, to over expensive and ridiculously overpriced!!!

So,the Eee wasn't removing their 900 line just like mentioned a week ago?
Makes sense!

Finally they do make some sense. Now just bring back that 'affordable but not cheap' concept back, and they will sell numbers again!

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
While I love my Eee PC 4G, I do have to admit most web sites don't display the best on such a small screen. I pretty much use it as a backup laptop (if my main one runs out of charge) and for watching Youtube or Hulu videos.

Also, I am relieved that the T91 won't be aborted - then again, I really doubted they would have done that.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I find that except for flash, Opera's zoom-in capabilities, and fit-to-width (Ctrl+F11) really help web-browsing on my 7-inch cloudbook.

However, is there that much difference between an 8.9" and 10" (1.1" doesn't sound like a lot). The difference between the 7" and 8.9" was nearly twice as much. In the end, Asus will stop selling the 8.9", it just makes sense. I have to think in the near future people will see their large 10" netbooks, and once again pine for a smaller computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.